MapTools.org

[rosa-users] Re: [Mapserver-users] rosa: questions/problems with Mac

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:24:54 -0500
There seems to be an issue on the support of LiveConnect on browers running on
Mac. I do not have an exact list of which browers do or don't support
Liveconnect. (For example IE5 on Mac does not support it from info gathered on
the apple site). If some one knows exactly what are the cases, It would be good
to compile what exactly is supported, since this question pops up frequenltly on
the list.

Later,

Möri Cédric wrote:

> Dear lists
>
> sorry to the mapserver-users to bother you with this rosa stuff, but im
> hoping to find some rosa applet users here in the list too.
>
> I have different problems/questions.
>
> I have project using php/mapscript and the rosa-applet running stable under
> all kind of Windows/linux/unix and any browser.
> Now I have some comments telling me, i will not work under Mac (OS X).
> The error of the applet/java is under ms-ie5.2:
> java.lang.classnotfoundexeption:rosa2000 and under netscape 6:
> java.lang.nullpointerexpetion.
>
> Does anyone know something about this errors? I'm not used with mac nor with
> java/javaapplets, so any comment would be great.
>
> Because there is no way for me to test under a mac-system I would like to
> ask anyone using a mac to do some test on my project.
> please follow this link:
> http://www.so.ch/de/pub/departemente/bjd/gis/mapserver.htm# and then click
> on 800x600 or 1024x768. (Sorry about all the german, but there is no english
> version:-( )
> If it works: please tell me your configurations: os, browser, java vm.
> If not: could you please tell me the errors you get? (and why you get them
> and how to solve them ;-))
>
> thanks for all your effort in advance
>
> regards
>
> Cédric