MapTools.org

[rosa-users] Mac support?

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:28:39 -0500
"Martin, Daniel" wrote:

> I have no idea about OSX, but I usually get very little response on this
> list.  I don't mean to be critical, but it's true.
>
> I'd suggest asking the question on the MapServer users list, which I know
> you are subscribed to.  I think its a safe bet there more Rosa users on that
> list than on this one.  People also _seem_ more responsive there.

I'll send a little echo to your comment, not to try to justify the
list's existence, but to confirm that someone is listening ;)

You're right that this list isn't as responsive as the mapserver list...
the main reason being that there are only 31 users on this list and over
400 now on the mapserver list.  Hopefully rosa-users will grow and
become a better resource over time.  The main reason why it was created
was to reduce the amount of noise caused by ROSA on the MapServer list,
and to have a place to redirect new users that needed help and that were
sending us the same questions over and over via direct emails.  Just
like for any list, as the list grows new users can browse/search the
archives and find most of their answers there without having to post
anything.

This being said, I agree that it's probably a good idea to send your
question to the mapserver list where you'll have more chances to get an
answer (sorry I can't help much about Mac and Java), and if you don't
mind please CC: the answers you get to this list (or send a summary) for
the archives.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca