[rosa-users] Rosa applet for mapserver

Palanisamy, Giri palanisamyg at ornl.gov
Tue Jan 25 11:16:42 EST 2005

Great!, it worked thanks!

Giri

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Morissette [mailto:dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 11:11 AM
To: Palanisamy, Giri
Cc: rosa-users at lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [rosa-users] Rosa applet for mapserver

Palanisamy, Giri wrote:

> I have installed the GMap sample application in windows IIS server,
and
> I realized the GMap app is setup for apache server. The IIS server
could
> not recognize the "$HTTP_FORM_VARS()" function call, for example for
the
> following line of code (in gmap75inc.php)
>
> if ($HTTP_FORM_VARS["ViewRegion"])
> {}
>
> I am getting the following error:
> Notice: Undefined index: ViewRegion in
> f:\Inetpub\wwwroot\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.inc.php on line 275
>
> If I comment out all the lines that contains "$HTTP_FORM_VARS()" then
> am able to see the map.
>
> Do you know how I can handle this in IIS?

The problem is not specific to IIS: I think it must be because you have
E_NOTICE reporting enabled in your php.ini. The simple fix is to disable

notices using the following in php.ini:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

The "right" fix would be to cleanup the GMap code to test if a given
array index exists before accessing it, e.g. change the if() statement
above to the following:

   if (isset($HTTP_FORM_VARS["ViewRegion"]) &&
$HTTP_FORM_VARS["ViewRegion"])
   {}

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca