[rosa-users] Rosa and Firefox

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:59:08 EDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Jeff Portwine <jdport at veritime.com> wrote:

> I've been working on a mapscript project with ROSA, and I've found that
> Firefox consistantly crashes after using the ROSA applet for a while.   I've
> seen this not only on my application but on other mapscript pages as well
> that use the ROSA applet.    I don't see any similar crashes in Internet
> Explorer.   Has anybody else has this problem?   Is it a problem with ROSA,
> or is this issue likely to go away with future releases of Firefox?
>
> Jeff

I have spent a lot of time trying to isolate this problem, but with no
resolution. I am working primarily with jBox (a mapserver applet
similar to Rosa). jBox and Rosa both use LiveConnect.

  I have found the problem to be Sun JRE 1.4.? thru 1.5.x with Mozilla
& Firefox on Windows 2000. Various versions of Mozilla & JRE under
Gentoo Linux work fine. Under very limited testing, it appears that
the above combinations work under Windows XP. IE w/ Sun JRE's works
fine (all JRE versions under Windows 200 & XP).

I have posted to Mozilla Bugzilla (a year ago) but no resolution.

Sorry that I can not offer any solutions, but please let us know if
your findings correspond with mine, or any other insight you might
have.

Regards,
Rich
--