MapTools.org

[Shapelib] is shapelib build complete?

shapelib@lists.maptools.org shapelib@lists.maptools.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:58:47 -0500
shapelib-admin@lists.maptools.org wrote:
> I'm building shapelib 1.2.10 with default instructions...
>
> $ make
>
> but the results aren't building binaries for 'shptree', 'shptreedump'
> and 'shputils'.
>
> Is it OK?

Eduardo,

You can do "make shputils" to build that program if you need it for something.
The shptree and shptreedump are not really of general usefulness so you should
likely ignore them.

The only programs in the distribution that I use for anything other than a
bit of testing are the shpdump and dbfdump programs which should have been built.

I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com