[Shapelib] Shapelib in Symbian

Joyce Azar azarjoyce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:56:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am very new to shapefiles,and I need to read a shapefile in an application
in Symbian C++.In particular,i need to search for a particular position on
the shapefile ,knowing its latitude and longitude,and get the name of some
points of interest in the neighboorhood area of that position,within a
specific distance .
I tried to compile the shapelib in the program,and i could successfully
integrate the shpopen.c and the dbfopen.c in order to open the
shapefile.However,I need some help in the way i have to access the needed
data in the shapefile (i mean the latitude,longitude,categories label..) to
display them on a screen and how to read the records of the files.Please can
anyone help me?.
Thank you,
Regards.