[Shapelib] Shapelib 1.3.0 alpha 2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 4 12:28:11 EST 2009

Folks,

I have been negligent for years in producing a new Shapelib release
despite a bunch of ongoing work - mostly driven by the needs of GDAL/OGR.

I have made a few updates to the web page, including anonymous CVS access
information and a pointer to the alternate download site.

   http://shapelib.maptools.org/

I have also uploaded a 1.3.0 "alpha 2" release at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0a2.zip
   http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0a2.tar.gz

I have yet to properly document recent changes, but I'd appreciate feedback
leading up to a formal 1.3.0 release.