[TinyOWS-dev] Problems with showing a WFS feature with OpenLayers

Ermond Parllaku erndal02 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:26:22 EST 2012

Hello,

I removed the prefix tows and I still have the same issue. The proxy I think is configured correctly
OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";
because the URL: http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi open in browser gets me to the OpenLayers home page (I think this is the way how I can test it in Windows),
and I use python 2.72.

I tried almost everything in that small code of JS which configures the WFS layer. The table in PostGIS has the SRS 32634 (checked even from QGIS) and made the code almost the same like in the example at http://mapserver.org/trunk/tinyows/openlayershowtotransactional.html
I just don't know what might be still wrong in my case. Can you please suggest me any other configuration or something else that might cause my problem?

I repeat that I am almost completely new in Apache and I have had some previous experience in OL and MS4W. The GetFeature query from the browser returns all the data of the table in GML format, so I don't think it might be an issue with the database. I have a layer (WMS) that returns the right data but the WFS just doesn't return any features at all. The code that I have at the moment to configure the WFS layer is like this:

    wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("GLP_Zone", {
        //styleMap: styles,
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
        projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:32634"),
        //maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(372272, 4512142, 381165, 4505108),
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            version: "1.1.0",
            srsName: "EPSG:32634",
            url: "http://127.0.0.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows",
            featureNS: "http://www.tinyows.org/",
            featureType: "GLP_Zone",
            //featurePrefix: "tows",
            geometryName: "the_geom",
            schema: "http://127.0.0.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&request=DescribeFeatureType&version=1.1.0&typename=tows:GLP_Zone"
        })
    });

and the xml file to configure the TinyOWS (config.xml) is like this

<tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1:81/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe"
  schema_dir="http://127.0.0.1:81/tinyows/schema/"
         log="/tmp/tinyows.log"
         log_level="1">
  <pg host="localhost" user="postgres" password="postgres" dbname="db1" port="5432"/>
  <metadata name="TinyOWS Server"
         title="Testing Olives" />

  <layer retrievable="1"
         writable="1"