[TinyOWS-users] Empty FeatureCollection

Courtin Olivier olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 06:19:03 EST 2009

On Sep 26, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Gernot Belger wrote:

Hi Gernot

> I am a newby to tinyows

Welcome aboard,

> and trying to get a simple example working.

Did you consider the native demo ?

$ cd tinyows_archive_directory
# make install-demo

> Everything seems fine so far:
> - GetCapabilities works, Capabilities document looks fine
> - DescribeFeature works, schema looks fine
>
> But...
> - GetFeature works, but always returns an empty featureCollecton
> (numberOfFeatures="0"), although my corresponding PostGis table DOES
> contain elements.

Please check if you see at least one of yours layers in the
GetCapabilities
output stream.

If yes check if you're geometry_columns is well filled:
<http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.4/Probe_Geometry_Columns.html

> As i am new to tinyows/postgis, i have no idea where to start
> looking. Does anybody can give me an idea what could be wrong?

If you're doesn't vanish, please post to this list:

  - result of this PostgreSQL query : SELECT postgis_full_version();
  - result of this PostgreSQL query : SELECT * FROM geometry_columns;
  - config.xml file
  - GetCapabilities output stream result

> Is there any other documentation than what is to be found at the
> trac? Any logfiles i can activate?

Usually it's enough :)

--
Olivier