[TinyOWS-users] xml isn't valid

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Wed May 12 10:48:30 EST 2010

On May 12, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Alexander Schäfer wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> I use tinyows 0.8.0/0.70 as a WFS Server with OpenLayers 2.8. When i
> try to
> save drawn, modifed or deleted features i get error massage: „xml isnt
> valid“. I tried to set the validation off in the tinyows config
> file, but it
> didnt work i got another error massage. „Error invalid Geometry“.
> In the version 0.70 of tinyows i deleted the error message „xml isnt
> valid“ in
> wfs_transaction.c and it worked fine for me. I could save drawn,
> modifed or
> deleted features without problems.
> BUT I think to set xml validation off is not a good way to solve the
> problem.
> So how can i solve the problem without set validation off?

Short answer is: upgrade both software

So be sure to use OpenLayers 2.9 and TinyOWS 0.8, as several
fix have been done both sides on previous versions.

Then you could follow this HowTo:
http://tinyows.org/trac/wiki/OpenLayersHowToTransactional

And it will work without have to bypass the schema validation step

Enjoy,

--
Olivier