[TinyOWS-users] xml isn't valid

Alexander Schäfer alexander.schaefer at intevation.de
Wed May 12 09:28:13 EST 2010

Hello,

I use tinyows 0.8.0/0.70 as a WFS Server with OpenLayers 2.8. When i try to
save drawn, modifed or deleted features i get error massage: „xml isnt
valid“. I tried to set the validation off in the tinyows config file, but it
didnt work i got another error massage. „Error invalid Geometry“.
In the version 0.70 of tinyows i deleted the error message „xml isnt valid“ in
wfs_transaction.c and it worked fine for me. I could save drawn, modifed or
deleted features without problems.
BUT I think to set xml validation off is not a good way to solve the problem.
So how can i solve the problem without set validation off?

Tinyows config.xml

<tinyows online_resource="*********"
         schema_dir="/usr/local/tinyows/schema/"
         log="/tmp/tinyows.log"

  <pg host="******" user="****" password="****" dbname="****" port="****"/>

  <metadata name=""
            title="TinyOWS Server - Demo Service"/>

  <contact name="TinyOWS Server"
           site="http://www.tinyows.org/"
           email="tinyows-users at lists.maptools.org" />

  <layer retrievable="1"
         writeable="1"
         prefix="feature"
         server="*******"
         name="osna_punkt"
         title="Osna"/>

</tinyows>

OpenLayers Configuraion:

 var saveStrategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save();

            var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS_Layer", {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
                styleMap: styles,
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    version: "1.1.0",
                    url: "*************",
                    featureType: "osna_punkt",
                    srsName: "EPSG:31467",
                    featureNS: "*******",

schema: "http://********t/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=osna_punkt"
                        })

                  });

Geometry: Point

Post:

<wfs:Transaction xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS"
version="1.1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd http://*********
http://*********/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&amp;version=1.1.0&amp;request=DescribeFeatureType&amp;TypeName=osna_punkt"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><wfs:Insert><feature:osna_punkt
xmlns:feature="*********"><feature:the_geom><gml:Point
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" srsName="EPSG:31467"><gml:pos>3540800
5940400</gml:pos></gml:Point></feature:the_geom><feature:info></feature:info></feature:osna_punkt></wfs:Insert></wfs:Transaction>

RESPONSE:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='InvalidParameterValue' locator='request'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>xml isn't valid</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Alex

--