[TinyOWS-users] TinyOWS 0.8.0 is available

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Tue May 25 02:21:35 EST 2010

On May 25, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Alexander Schäfer wrote:

Alexander,

> Can you tell me the reason why postgis 1.5 is needed for
> tinyows-0.8? Do postgis 1.5 contains a few new functions which are
> required
> for tinyows-0.8?

As previously answered last Friday:

"Yes a new GeomFromGML function has been written in PostGIS 1.5
This function allow to convert GML geometry to PostGIS native geometry.

This function is much more reliable than the previous TinyOWS 0.7
similar solution.

So this is why, now with TinyOWS 0.8 we need PostGIS 1.5

(Could you so check that Intevation TinyOWS debian package use
PostGIS 1.5 ?)"

--
Olivier