[TinyOWS-users] xml isn't valid

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 00:58:18 EST 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:46 PM, Zack Galbreath wrote:

Hi Zack,

> Could you please tell me the right way to create a new layer that
> can accept points, lines, and polygons?

There's 2 ways to handle that one:

- Having 3 distinct geometry columns for your layer (point, line,
polygon)
   and choosing the right one client side.

- Using GeometryCollection which is an abstract geometry type able to
   store any kind of geometry inside.

Never tested the second one with TinyOWS + OL.

> I'm hoping to be able to associate an annotation (text) with each
> stored feature as well.

Could be done with a text field associated to an additional geometry
point.

HTH,

--
Olivier