[TinyOWS-users] Encoding problems with WFS attribute values

Gissur Þórhallsson gissur at loftmyndir.is
Thu Sep 9 10:34:38 EST 2010

Hi,

I have tinyOWS up and running (under Apache running on ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS)
against OpenLayers and it works fine geometry-wise, but when it comes to
attribute values containing non-standard characters those characters get all
garbled, while it all looks okay on the postgis side.

The response from tinyOWS states that it's using UTF-8, but I wanted to
experiment and force it to return iso-8859-1 for instance, but I can't
figure out how to make it do that - am I missing something frightfully
obvious?

Kind regards,
Gissur Þórhallsson

Loftmyndir ehf.