[TinyOWS-users] Encoding problems with WFS attribute values

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:30:51 EST 2010

On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Gissur Þórhallsson wrote:

Hi Gissur,

> I have tinyOWS up and running (under Apache running on ubuntu 8.0.4
> LTS) against
> OpenLayers and it works fine geometry-wise, but when it comes to
> attribute values
> containing non-standard characters those characters get all garbled,
> while it all looks
> okay on the postgis side.

I'm not that sure to fully understand yet where you problem occur,

Could you activate the tinyows log and send here the content of the log
related to your problematic query

Could you also indicate in which encoding your postgresql datase are
(with psql -l command)

Tks,

> The response from tinyOWS states that it's using UTF-8, but I wanted
> to experiment and
> force it to return iso-8859-1 for instance, but I can't figure out
> how to make it do that - am
> I missing something frightfully obvious?

Right now there's no such a feature as UTF-8 is supposed to be a
correct answer
for everyone in the world... :)

--
Olivier