[TinyOWS-users] Problem with installing TinyOWS and MS4W

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 15 05:18:47 EST 2010

Hi,

This is what I have done:

Downloaded and unzipped MS4W v. 3.0 beta 11 (http://maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w_3.0_beta11.zip)
Downloaded and unzipped TinyOWS 0.9.0 for MS4W (http://maptools.org/dl/ms4w/tinyows-0.9.0-ms4w3.0.zip)

* Changed Apache to listen port 8060
* Started MS4W and checked that Mapserver answers as usually at http://localhost:8060/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe
* Tried to contact tinyows at http://localhost:8060/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe
* Noticed that unzipping tinyows zip placed tinyows.exe into directory D:\ms4w\cgi-bin
* Thought that the previous is not intentional and moved tinyows.exe into directory D:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin
* Tried again http://localhost:8060/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe

Now something is happening but unfortunately all I get back is a Windows error report. Headers are like this:
AppName: tinyows.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148 Offset: 000734d8

Next I tried blindly what happens from command line
http://localhost:8060/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe

Result was:
Assertion failed: !o->exit, file src\ows\ows_error.c, line 77

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

My computer is running on Windows XP Pro (SP3).

Have I installed TinyOWS in a wrong way or is it possibly something else that is wrong?

-Jukka Rahkonen-