[TinyOWS-users] Retrieve empty attributes

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 04:02:30 EST 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

Hi Jukka,

> > http://tinyows.org/trac/ticket/51
>
> Is this really a bug? If I remember right Geoserver is behaving in
> the same way and does not send empty attributes.  WFS standard
> obviously believes that users are reading the schema first with
> DescribeFeatureType request.  Of course this is often very
> unpleasant, for example when sending just GetFeatures with wget or
> browser or something like that. At least I would rather get also the
> empty attributes included in GML.

Thanks for this input,
I did'nt have yet took time to explore this one more than opening the
ticket.

The general idea is to (still) been able to validate the output agaist
the
DescribeFeature schema on a given layer even if there's empty
attributes in it.

As you suggest maybe that's already done...

--
Olivier