[TinyOWS-users] Retrieve empty attributes

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 15 03:44:27 EST 2010

Hi,

I just joined the list and saw the following mail when reading the
archives:

On Jul 16, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Aymeric Defossez wrote:

> Hi Aymeric,

>> .I have a problem, concerning attributes data : when i retrieve a
> row of my database (by clicking on a point, for example) and i look
> at the xml via firebug : i don't have the empty rows.
> For example, if my DB  looks like : PERSONNALITY (ID, Name, Nick,
> Birthdate) and Name is empty, my feature won't have "Name" attribute.
> Someone have any idea for retrieving empty cells or headers ?

> Thanks for this report,

> Indeed it's a bug, and i succed to reproduce it.
> I just create a ticket on trac related to this one:
> http://tinyows.org/trac/ticket/51

> I plan to fix it on trunk quickly

Is this really a bug? If I remember right Geoserver is behaving in the
same way and does not send empty attributes.  WFS standard obviously
believes that users are reading the schema first with
DescribeFeatureType request.  Of course this is often very unpleasant,
for example when sending just GetFeatures with wget or browser or
something like that. At least I would rather get also the empty
attributes included in GML.

-Jukka Rahkonen-