[TinyOWS-users] OSM_line table and failing DescribeFeatureType

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 21 03:46:19 EST 2010

Jukka Rahkonen wrote:

> Olivier Courtin wrote:
> > Well so that's the same except that TinyOWS also provide the
> > cardinality
> > (min/max Occurs)

> Not exactly the same, the main difference is not between xs: and xsd:
> but between type="string" and type="xsd:string".
> Does "string" need to be defined or not?  Deegree and
> Geoserver give it
> with prefix, Mapserver and TinyOWS without.

Hi,

I got an answer to the "string" thing. The schema created by TinyOWS is
valid and clients should accept it without complaints. Geoserver and
deegree are building a slightly different schema which is valid as well.
Main reason for the problem I have with the WFS client comes obviously
from that developers have been playing just with their own toys and
haven't had time to check how the client behaves with other WFS servers.
That's understandable but I will try to get the client fixed through
filing a bug report.

-Jukka Rahkonen-