[TinyOWS-users] GetFeature POST fails with TiinyOWS 0.9.0

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:36:24 EST 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:59 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

Jukka,

> Actually no, it is not ignored.  Try
> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=tows:osm_polygon&maxfeatures=1&srsname=EPSG:2392
>
> or
> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=tows:osm_polygon&maxfeatures=1&srsname=EPSG:2393
>
> TinyOWS is reprojecting on-the-fly also with WFS 1.0.0.  It is a
> nice additional feature, and Geoserver supports it in a similar way.
> Perhaps it could be considered as a vendor option and not as an error?

Well srsName appears in WFS 1.1.0,
and you're right after checking in the code there's no test to ignore
it in WFS 1.0.0 KVP

As you suggest we should let this extra feature available.

But on the other hand the 1.0.0 schema don't contains srsname
attribute for query element
and it's normal that it end on error.
So i suggest you to use either 1.0.0 KVP or 1.1.0 XML query request if
you want to use
srsName.

>>> The result I am getting back is
>>
>>> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
>
>> Which version of TinyOWS do you use ?
>> With a trunk version i cannot yet reproduce these error.
>
> 0.9.0 stable, installed by followind the document http://tinyows.org/trac/wiki/ServerInstallation

Ok i've tried on both trunk and 0.9.0 stable, but unable to reproduce
it !

Here the query
<wfs:GetFeature xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml
" xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS" version="1.0.0"
maxFeatures="1" outputFormat="GML2">
<wfs:Query xmlns:tows="http://www.tinyows.org/" srsName="EPSG:4326"
typeName="tows:PrimitiveGeoFeature">
</wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

With related tinyows_test datas, i get the 'normal' error message:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
  xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
  xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
  version='1.1.0' language='en'>
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode='InvalidParameterValue'
locator='request'>
   <ows:ExceptionText>xml isn't valid</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

--
Olivier