[TinyOWS-users] Error DescribeFeatureType request

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:16:00 EST 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Leukert, Boris wrote:

Boris,

> thank again for your fast bug fixing, r450 works fine for me.

Great to hear it !

> Since you have solved all my problems with tinyows I will try to
> replace
> the Geoserver for our application with tinyows. The Geoserver is
> always
> causing problems and I didn't manage to find a stable configuration
> for
> it.

Ok,

> We have about 3.500 concurrent users on the application. Do you think
> tinyows can manage such an amount of users. Do you have any tips /
> hints
> for such an environment?

It's really depend of how exactly users stress the server.
(not the same to grab a single feature than a whole huge layer...)

First thing you should look after is:
http://tinyows.org/trac/wiki/ServerTuning, in conjonction with
http://tinyows.org/tracdocs/slide/OSGIS_UK-TinyOWS-High_Performance_WFS-T.pdf)

If it's still not enough, you will have to:
  - Try with a light httpd server than Apache
  - Build a multi server architecture.

HTH,

--
Olivier