[TinyOWS-users] Inconsistent coordinate order with WFS 1.1.0 and srsName=EPSG:2393

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 05:39:51 EST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

Jukka,

> BoundedBy comes now still as northing-easting but the geometry is using easting-northings. With EPSG:4326 this seems to be the case already
> http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:municipalities&srsName=EPSG:4326&maxfeatures=1&propertyname=the_geom
>
> Geoserver folks have decided to output always easting-northings also with WFS 1.1.0 if srsName is given with plain EPSG:xxxx and only consider flipping the coordinates if srsName is given in the urn: style. Deegree is perhaps doing the same but I an not sure. I am not sure either if that it a good or bad thing to do.
>
> Have you ever felt yourself frustrated with this stupid axis order play?

Yeap not an easy topic...

TinyOWS should handle both:
- Reverse axis order if SRS is urn style
- Deal with east/northing upon informations founded
  in spatial_ref_sys table (AXIS["X",NORTH]] in srtext)

Could you give a try with r582 ?

Thanks (again) for the report !

--
Olivier