[TinyOWS-users] [Important] Merging TinyOWS project with MapServer one

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 14:51:00 EST 2011

Olivier,

> And i think that MapServer umbrella, could help to be more visible
> and so to help on theses two items (patches and funding)

Those are some of the benefits I was talking about.

> And on an another hand, i really think that there's something like a competition
> between JAVA based solutions and C/C++ ones.
> So this new 'suite' could be a way to have something closer than
> GeoServer or Deegree full features spectrum.

Yes, you're right. I have had several discussions here in some forums in México about GeoServer against Mapserver. The
same thing with gvSIG/Kosmo against QuantumGIS. I develop in Java too, but I prefer the C/C++ solutions.

> For TinyOWS project, i think the more important risk is to loose
> some of you guys, with the newsletter change.
> I definitly hope it will not happens !

It will not happen =)

By the way, I participate also in the Mapserver's list as much as I can, more often with the Mapserver/PostGIS matters.

> In fact i don't think it's still true anymore (if ever), they are
> really interrested in online
> edition features throught TinyOWS, and could be interrested too by geoprocessing
> throught other tool in a future...

Well, this is a surprise. I'm glad to hear that they are interested in the online interaction with the data sources. Personally
I am interested in the develop of an online geoprocessing tool. Also in introducing WFS for feeding data warehouses.

IC Carlos Ruiz