[TinyOWS-users] Using <limits features

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Aug 21 05:58:39 EST 2011

> Hi Jukka,

>> I would like to limit the maximum feature count on the server side. I placed a new line with
>>  <limits features="10" /> into the tinyows.xml file this way
>>
>> <tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/tinyows"
>>         schema_dir="/usr/local/tinyows/schema/">
>>  <limits features="10" />
>>  <pg host="127.0.0.1" user="postgres" password="postgres" dbname="tinyows_demo" port="5432"/>

> Seems good to me,

> I do not get parsing errors. However, the maxfeatures value does not appear into GetCapabilities

> Should it ?
> If yes in which element ?

Table 7b in WFS 1.1.0 standard says:
"DefaultMaxFeatures
Specifies the default value for the maxFeatures attribute of the <GetFeature> element. If the constraint is not specified then there is not limit on the number of features that a GetFeature request may return."

>> and if I make GetFeature I am receicing the whole layer or the maxfeature value I use in the request.

> Just tryed once (with the same config), and i get only a subset, and
> not the whole.
> (As r600, i added the max features number output in --check stream)

Ok, I will need to test this again.

-Jukka Rahkonen-