[TinyOWS-users] IsPropertyLike matchCase attribute support

Damon Oehlman damon.oehlman at sidelab.com
Wed Jun 1 05:51:41 EST 2011

Hi All,

First I just want to say a big thanks to Olivier for creating TinyOWS. I only came across it last night in a search for a lightweight WFS server, and have been extremely impressed with it.

We are currently developing a mapping web application for a local client and while we have had Geoserver in the solution stack from the beginning, once we started load testing I felt that we could do better. Coming across the presentation comparing Geoserver, Mapserver and TinyOWS was fantastic and a brilliant introduction to the project.

While I can't say for certain, I expect that we will replace Geoserver with TinyOWS for our final solution build.

I have already checked out a readonly version of the repo and started making a few tweaks for features that we need in the project (the case insensitive PropertyIsLike via the matchCase attribute for example). This was very simple, given it had already been implemented for other PropertyIs* tag handling.

While I'm not a C++ coder (well not for a while now anyway) I'd be happy to submit patch files for review and possible inclusion into TinyOWS. If you can let me know the best way to do this, I'll happily send a patch file through.

Thanks again for your awesome work so far.

Kind Regards,

Damon Oehlman - Co-founder
t: DamonOehlman

Sidelab Pty Ltd
http://www.sidelab.com/

Into maps? Why not check out Tile5 - HTML5 Mapping.

http://www.tile5.org/