[TinyOWS-users] IsPropertyLike matchCase attribute support

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:38:12 EST 2011

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Damon Oehlman wrote:

Damon,

(Sorry for the delay, AFK theses previous days...)

> First I just want to say a big thanks to Olivier for creating
> TinyOWS.  I only came across it last night in a search for a
> lightweight WFS server, and have been extremely impressed with it.
>
> We are currently developing a mapping web application for a local
> client and while we have had Geoserver in the solution stack from
> the beginning, once we started load testing I felt that we could do
> better.  Coming across the presentation comparing Geoserver,
> Mapserver and TinyOWS was fantastic and a brilliant introduction to
> the project.
>
> While I can't say for certain, I expect that we will replace
> Geoserver with TinyOWS for our final solution build.
>
> I have already checked out a readonly version of the repo and
> started making a few tweaks for features that we need in the project
> (the case insensitive PropertyIsLike via the matchCase attribute for
> example).  This was very simple, given it had already been
> implemented for other PropertyIs* tag handling.
>
> While I'm not a C++ coder (well not for a while now anyway) I'd be
> happy to submit patch files for review and possible inclusion into
> TinyOWS.  If you can let me know the best way to do this, I'll
> happily send a patch file through.

Few things;
- Patch are always welcome, especially when they improve standard
compliancy,
    performance, or security issues.

- To provide a patch, best way is to modify your own local svn code
repository then
    send the result, as an attachement to the list, of :
    svn diff

- Right now we are in 1.0 release cycle, so we could include patch
only if both:
     - It's related to WFS 1.1.0 or 1.0.0 mandatory compliancy, or
it's a bugfix.
     - you send them that quickly
   Otherwise it will be postponed to the next release...

Enjoy using TinyOWS,

--
Olivier