[TinyOWS-users] uDig does not like multiple namespaces?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jun 20 13:09:12 EST 2011

Hi,

This is most probably an uDig problem more than TinyOWS problem but it may worth mentioning also here.

I have feature types in tows: and lv: namespaces.  uDig 1.2 is loading the tows: feature types OK but not any of those belonging to lv: namespace
The uDig error is
An unexpected error occurred while loading features into table: Could not aquire feature:java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: cannot merge two target namespaces. http://www.tinyows.org/ http://latuviitta.fi/

My server can be used for testing if someone have uDig installed.  URL is http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows

uDig is one of the most odd WFS clients for my mind.  It starts with GetCapabilities and then it is sending one by one DescribeFeatureType for each feature type.  It is also sending POSTs which are leading to TinyOWS error with headers like this (even I have configured uDig to use GET)
POST http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows HTTP/1.1

After this error uDig wants to get the schema of the error report by sending
GET http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd HTTP/1.1
And next it is trying GetFeature again with GET, receives GML from the server and stops with the namespace merging error
Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: cannot merge two target namespaces. http://www.tinyows.org/ http://latuviitta.fi/

-Jukka Rahkonen-