[TinyOWS-users] Non-ASCII characters not accepted in layer title

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 10:19:14 EST 2011

Jukka,

When you set the output encoding affects to the whole server response, which is fine to be able to handle special

characters in the client side.

Setting the output encoding only affects the XML server responses to allow the right communication between TinyOWS

and any application, it doesn't changes the encoding of the database.

You can

Replace the special characters like "ä" into your config file to be compliant with UTF-8 when the client applicationreceives

the GetCapabilities/GetFeature response, but if the table's data has special characters too, it will fail again

Or

Set the output encoding as ISO-8859-X in your config file to be able to get right the GetCapabilities/GetFeature response

with special characters

IC Carlos Ruiz