[TinyOWS-users] TinyOWS does not work offline

Julien Minet julien_wa at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 8 03:46:17 EST 2011

Hi all!

I have a quite simple problem (I guess). I have a TinyOWS running for providing WFS-T in a OpenLayers application. The WFS-T layer is perfectly working online (i.e., when my computer is connected to Internet), but it does not work when my computer is offline! However, my application should work in local, without connection to the Internet.

Fyi, here's the lines of .\tinyows --check:
TinyOWS
version:   1.0.0rc1
>FCGI
support:      Yes
>Config File
(TinyOWS XML)
>PostGIS
dsn:       host=127.0.0.1 user=postgres
password=xxx dbname=postgis port=5432
>Output
Encoding:   UTF-8
>Database
Encoding: UTF8
>Schema dir:        C:\OSGeo4W/apps/tinyows/schema/
>Display
bbox:      Yes
>Estimated
extent:  No
>Check schema:      Yes
>Check valid
geoms: Yes
>Available
layers:
>- public.notes
(31300) -> tows.notes [RW]

>I enter my WFS-T layer like this:
wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Notes", {
strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
projection: proj,
styleMap: styleMappts,
extractAttributes: true,
protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
version: "1.0.0",
srsName: "EPSG:31300",
url: "http://localhost/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe?",
featureType: "notes",
featureNS: "http://localhost/",
extractAttributes: true,
geometryName: "the_geom"
})
});

Do you know how could I make my WFS-T work offline?

Many thanks,
Julien