[Cartoweb-users] Minimal project

Eduard Witteveen e.witteveen at HAWARIT.COM
Thu Jun 9 08:22:58 EDT 2005

Alexandre Saunier wrote:

>> When i now retrieve the url: http://localhost:8080/hawarit.php i get
>> a empty string back. Could someone give me some pointers/help to what
>> a minimal project should contain?

I made a starters error with php, i included the file itselve in the
hawarit.php ;)

> Project creation is documented here:
> http://cartoweb.org/doc/xhtml/user.project.html
>
> A minimal project setup (no layout customization, standard
> functionalities, etc. => we just want to build a map with your data)
> would be:
> - copy htdocs/demo.php and save the copy as hawarit.php
> - edit  htdocs/hawarit.php to update CW3_PROJECT to 'hawarit'
> - create a hawarit/ dir in projects/
> - create a client_conf/ dir in projects/hawarit/
> - write a projects/hawarit/client_conf/client.ini with simply the
> following parameter: mapId = hawarit (thus it will override mapId info
> contained in the standard client_conf/client.ini)
> - create a server_conf/ dir in projects/hawarit/
> - create a hawarit/ dir in projects/hawarit/server_conf/
> - at first copy the projects/demo/server_conf/demo/ content in
> projects/hawarit/server_conf/hawarit/ and rename the demo.ini and
> demo.map files to hawarit.ini and hawarit.map
> - point your browser to hawarit.php => the demo map should appear
> - to get your own maps, put your own hawarit.map in
> projects/hawarit/server_conf/hawarit/ and adapt consequently the
> hawarit.ini. Discard the layers.ini (a basic layer tree is then
> generated).

After your instructions i created a minimal project(based upon data from
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/). It can be downloaded
from: http://nergens.org/projects/cartoweb/

To test(maybe you need to change this, depending on your configuration):

    * Is you map is working?
      http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\cartoweb3\projects\minimal\server_conf\minimal\minimal.map&mode=map
    * Is cartoweb working? http://localhost:8080/minimal.php

While doing this i encountered a msProcessProjection error, which i will
list here also below, since i guess that more people will run into them :D

    *

>       Failure
>       class: SoapFault
>       message: Mapserver error: Error in msProcessProjection(): No
>       such file or directory

      Make sure that your PROJ_LIB enviourment variable is defined and
      pointing to the proj4 directory(default C:\PROJ\ under windows).