[Cartoweb-users] Symlink vs Miniproxy

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Thu Sep 1 14:28:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

you will find examples in the manual at section "Templating > Resources":
http://cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.template.html#user.template.resource

Resources (pictos/JS/CSS files, etc.) are stored within plugins/projects
and are then generally not directly downloadable. To make them
available, CartoWeb uses symbolic links (created using cw3setup.php
setupLinks) or a kind of small PHP proxy.

Resources URLs then look like:
- layers/css/toto.css (urlProvider=Symlink)
- r.php?t=css&pl=layers&r=toto.css (urlProvider=Miniproxy)

Under Linux systems, Symlink is recommended (faster).

AS