[Cartoweb-users] Forgot to add the files - Layers and layerGroups problems

Kenton Williams Kenton_Williams at umit.maine.edu
Wed Apr 26 15:21:19 EDT 2006

Hello all!

I am having some troubles with my Cartoweb project I've been working on.

I have three layerGroups defined in my layers.ini file.  What I want is to have all of the children layers in these layerGroups selected by default, so I coded them that way in my mapfile.ini.in file.  I also wanted the layerGroups to be displayed
in unfolded state by default, so I added those lines to my mapfile.ini.in file.

I have run the cw3setup.php script with --clean and a proper run with the correct base-url, installing in development mode.  No matter what I try, only some of the layers in my layerGroups are selected by default.  In fact, some layerGroups do not
have any layers selected at all by default despite my explicit specification that they should be.

I have attached my mapfile, my mapfile.ini.in file, and my layers.ini file.  Can anyone tell me why these layers are not being selected by default?  I have even tried setting the layerGroups as selected by default with no success.  While running in
development mode, will problems like this occur?

One side question: does the order in which the layers appear in the mapfile.ini.in file matter?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

To see what I'm working on:

www.geodatacommons.umaine.edu/cgddemo/cartoweb3/htdocs/cgd_mapfile.php

Kenton Williams