[Cartoweb-users] Trying to create a new language translation

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Wed Feb 1 13:47:07 EST 2006

demoCw3.it.po is regenerated when executing po2mo.php. That is why your
modifications are not taken into account: your modified demoCW3.it.po
file is replaced by a new one.

Concerning the client-side strings, you may only edit
cartoweb3/po/client.it.po (general strings) and
cartoweb3/projects/demoCW3/po/client.it.po (project-specific strings).

Those 2 files (plus the server ones) are then merged by po2mo.php into
demoCW3.it.po, the latter being finally compiled as
cartoweb3/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/demoCW3.mo.