[Cartoweb-users] Problem with zooming and outlining

oliver oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed May 3 02:09:06 EDT 2006

Hi kenton.

Im unsure if this will help you but, as far as i know, back and forward
function wont work well with cartoweb without some serious session reworking
function. When you use your back or forward button, the session state become
dissynchronised with what is displayed on screen. Let say you zoomin twice,
then goes back twice then pan, the pan will be done, accordingly to the
session state, after the two zoomin actions. So the result will not be what
you were expecting.
This may be part of the problem. Though it doesnt explain some of the weird
behaviour you encounter. try to add in your template, somewhere at the
bottom, the lines:
<pre>
Request:
{$debug_request}
</pre>
this usually help trying to see what is effectively returned to the server.
Also be sure you do not have any javascript errors.

Regards,
Oliver