[Cartoweb-users] testing by using firfox and opera browsers

oliver.christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Sat May 6 15:35:14 EDT 2006

Hi giuseppe

Concerning the memory usage, FF is known to have some memory leacks, and
also, the more browser tabs you use the more memory will be used, even if
you close the tabs. IE shouldnt have that problem.
Maybe should you look out the virtual memory settings of Windows.

concerning cartoweb tabs content, this is most certainly caused by unclosed
html tags. Safari is especially sensible to that. To debug that the easiest
is to use the DOMInspector tool that comes with FF
(menu->tools->DOMInspector) and see whats missing before correcting your
templates. Also, some html elements imbrications may cause problems (though
this only appeared in safari and IE, not in FF), like <p> inside <div>, but
this may also depend of the css rules used for these elements.

concerning the navigation problem, what exactly doesnt work? if its about
these onclick="javascript:history.back();" and forward elements you added in
your template, look for javascript error in the browser error log. In all
cases, your browser's back and forward arrow (in the browser menubar) should
always work. But even so, it doesnt mean the formular is being reposted
correctly, so this may be an issue with your browser cache or the server
apache config. I cant say much without more infos.

Regards
Oliver