[Cartoweb-users] testing by using firfox and opera browsers

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Sun May 7 05:52:06 EDT 2006

Hi Oliver,
I start from the last issue: back and forward arrows of every browser do not
work.

I've installed Cartoweb on a WinXp Machine windows xp professionel ( oem
version with windows service pack 2 installed and no known patches), by
using Wamp5 and Cartowed3.2. This PC is the developing and testing machine.
I've modified the setting config so I can use gettext,MySql (now I'm
migrating to PostGre+PostGis) and so on...
I've replaced localhost with the machine IP in the config  so I can connect
by using another connected pc in my lan.

Now in local way, I connect to my local site, then  I perform a zoom on a
map, at this point if I use the back arrow of every browser I get the error
page like the page was not avilable. All the site works fine: myplugin
gathers data, outline is ok and so on. The more I use IE ( in the same
session) the more aviable memory decreases, so to me caching is not managed
in server but (bad) managed in client.
In last minutes I've activated : mod_expires mod_file_cache mod_headers and
the proxy modules.

I've changed the read-only attribute in wamp directory by using the atrib
command in cmd; but exportPdf works fine so there are no problems in
accessing rights (I hope).
Unfortunayely the problem is still here.
I've added for kind advising of Francois the code to manage history in
javascript but there are no code error: the page I should get by arrows is
not available or in time out. Only refreshing the page ffrom server I get
the last page.
What about ?

Thank you very much for your attention.