[Cartoweb-users] info plz!

Tsouris Eleftherios geo01071 at geo.aegean.gr
Mon Sep 4 04:52:42 EDT 2006

Hello!

I am a cartographer in a MA degree course (University of the Aegean, Lesvos Greece) in Cultural Informatics where I am to write a paper for comparison of various WMS products, one of them CartoWeb.

Could you please clarify for me some points which in the specs. pdf I could not locate:

1.	What is the method used for presenting the GIS data? A flash component, a java applet, or what? Is it embedded in a html doc that can be designed by us and then uploaded on the web server?
2.	Are metadata delivered to the end – user?
3.	The GUI of the webpage containing the maps is constructed uniquely by programming?

Thank you in advance,

Eleftherios Tsouris

Cultural Heritage Management Laboratory

University of the Aegean, Lesvos Greece