[Cartoweb-users] Plugin locate - How do I get a colored result + table result / Recenter on coordinate - no crosshair show on recenter on coordinate

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Tue Apr 10 09:41:38 EDT 2007

hi Véronique

1)
what you want to do can not be done with the locate plugin. this plugin only
trigger a recentering on the selected element.

what could be possible but not really easy to do is to extend the locate
plugin and probably the query plugin too.
Using the selected element id to get it's coordinate via a database query
and then fake a query_by_point.

This would make possible to have the query result without extra work though.

I will discuss this with one of ma colleague to see if there is an easier
way.

2)
about crosshair, I suppose you set the parameters in the
client_conf/location.ini file ?
be sure the symbol is correctly defined in your symbols file
the crosshair is drawn via the outline plugin, so maybe have a look at the
outline_point layer in the mapfile, and if it is not set, copy one from the
demoCW3 or other project's mapfile.

as for scale, you can set a recenterDefaultScale parameter in the server
side location.ini file.  recenterMargin may also be appropriate. have a look
at the doc http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.3/xhtml/user.location.html