[Cartoweb-users] ToolTips addendum

frequens frequens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 05:57:35 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Oliver Christen <oliver.christen at camptocamp.com> wrote:

>  the addEventListener error is strange.

It is as if the object isnt available when IE try to use it.
> I had this kind of problem a few time with IE, but not when using
> tooltips.
> IE tries to access a property or object that hasnt been initialised yet.
> The easy way to find if that is the problem is to try on an old computer
> ^_^. It will work there because js will be handled more slowly.

  _observeAndCache: function(element, name, observer, useCapture) {
    if (!this.observers) this.observers = [];
    if (element.addEventListener) { ((((THE SCRIPT STOPS HERE))))
      this.observers.push([element, name, observer, useCapture]);
      element.addEventListener(name, observer, useCapture);
    } else if (element.attachEvent) {
      this.observers.push([element, name, observer, useCapture]);
      element.attachEvent('on' + name, observer);
    }
  },

Yes, it is prototype.js, see up where the debugger complains

Im not even sure where the error is triggered, as its not said in your error
> message :(
> Line 1727 seems to refer to prototype.js but as to why the error would be
> thrown there...

The other two are from the ToolTipsAjax.js:

line 140
 mouseMove: function() {
        if (AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.isAjaxActive()) {
            clearTimeout(AjaxPlugins.ToolTips._timerMouseMove);
            AjaxPlugins.ToolTips._timerMouseMove = setTimeout(
                "AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.checkMove()",
                AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.toolTipsTimeout
            );
            AjaxPlugins.ToolTips._result.hide(); (STOPS HERE)
        }
    },

and 219 (220)

  sendRequest: function(argObject) {
        this.abortRequest();
        this._result.reset();  (STOPS HERE)
        this._result.wait();

        var url = this.serviceUrl + '&' + this.buildQueryString(argObject);
        Logger.send('Request sent with url :' + url);
        this._ajaxRequest = new Ajax.Request (
            url,
            {method: 'get', onComplete: showResponse, onFailure:
reportError}
        );

Thank you for going this through,

frequens