[Cartoweb-users] my issues with CW 3.3.0

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:27:45 EST 2007

Hello!

I'm listing here the issues I've had with making CartoWeb 3.3.0 run
and the way I've circumvented these issues. If you have any comment...

I run Ubuntu Edgy and use the mapserver packages distributed in Edgy.

After the installation process clicking to "Development Interface" or
"CartoWeb3 Demo" led to a SoapFaultWrapper exception:

"You are not using PHP as a cgi and PHP Mapscript extension is loaded
in your php.ini.
As this will cause stability problems, CartoWeb stopped.
You need to remove the php_mapscript extension loading of your php.ini file.
If you want to remove this message, edit server_conf/server.ini and
set the disablePHPModuleCheck parameter to true."

First I tried to use PHP as CGI by adding the following two lines to
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:

AddType Application/x-httpd-php5 .php
Action Application/x-httpd-php5 /cgi-bin/php

But I ended up with a new error message:

Fatal error:  This build of mapscript can't be load as a 'cgi-fcgi'
module for stability reason, but only with php as an apache DSO.
in /var/www/cartoweb3/server/ServerContext.php on line 354

So it seems CartoWeb wants me to use PHP as CGI whereas Mapscript
doesn't want to be used as CGI!

Finally I reverted back my Apache config and set disablePHPModuleCheck
to true in server_conf/server.ini.

After that (and a change for memory_limit in
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini) everything seems to be running ok.

Thanks,

--
Eric