[Cartoweb-users] enlighted polygons and maps.live

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Jun 11 03:12:35 EDT 2007

Hi Giuseppe

you have two possibilities:

if you know the id of the polygon, you can query them via the url.
look in
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html#dev.newplugin.special.filters
all the query_... parameters

another possibility, a bit more complicated, is to generate the polygons via
a new plugin and using the existing polygon outline layer.
this plugin will need a client and server parts.
the client recover the polygon geometry and pass them to the server side
where you generate new shapes and inject them in the polygon outline layer.
you can have a look at this message
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/cartoweb-users/2006-September/001789.html
which give an example for a point, but you can easily do the same for a
polygon (look in common/BasicTypes.php for the class definition of the
various shapes (points, line, polygon,...))