[Cartoweb-users] Setting up a project.

Νίκος Παπαδάκης nipapada at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 15:19:36 EDT 2008

Hello to everyone!

I am a new user of cartoweb and i want to setup a very simple project
following the directions i found here
(http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToCreateANewProject)
in order to get familiar with it.
I managed to setup the project based on the files of the example but
then i tried with another mapfile
and could not get any result.

The steps i followed to setup the new project are:

1) Create a folder 'mytest' in cartoweb3/projects
2)Place folders client_conf and server_conf in  cartoweb3/projects/mytest
3)Create a file mytest.php in cartoweb3/htdocs  which contains :
    <?php
        $_ENV['CW3_PROJECT'] = 'mytest';
        require_once('client.php');
       ?>

4)I have checked that *mytest.map* (my new mapfile and not the one from
the example!)and *mytest.ini* are in
cartoweb3/projects/mytest/server_conf/mytest
5)I have edited the *layers.ini* and define the layers of the mapfile i
want to render.

6)Finaly i run in command prompt the following instruction:

    <PHP-Interpreter> cw3setup.php --install --base-url
http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/ --profile development --project mytest

All action then are performed without getting any warning or error!

But when i choose mytest project from the drop down menu  in
http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/client.php
i get the following error!

*Fatal error*: [MapServer Error]: msImageLoadGD(): ((null)) in
*C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\coreplugins\images\server\ServerImages.php* on
line *290

*Can anybody figure out where the error might be?

Thank you in advance!!!
Nikos Papadakis.
*

*