[Cartoweb-users] locate autocompleter and special characters

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Wed Oct 29 10:18:02 EDT 2008

wochter wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to use locate plugin.
> But there are the special (czech, slovak,...) characters like:
> ščžýáíéŠČŽÝÁÍÉ.
> I have names of towns stored in postgres with them original czech names.
> Id like to substitute that chars by standard chars: č-c š-s ž-z....
> Now I have to write: Čáslav when I want to find this town.
> I'd like to write: caslav.
>
> I found Extra local autocomplete options:
> - choices
> - partialSearch
> - fullSsearch
> - partialChars
> - ignoreCase
>
> but no one from that helps me solve my problem.
> Is there any way to do that please?
>
> thanx

Perharps you should try to find your way with postgresql function ( sound like ( ~= ) ilike etc )
in this case people writing with the correct typo or the ascii replacement could find what they search.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/fuzzystrmatch.html
doesn't know if it's THE solution for your typical case.

--

     Bruno Friedmann