[Cartoweb-users] Translation process.

Nikos Papadakis nipapada at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:34:57 EDT 2008

Good afternoon to everyone.

I am dealing with translation from english to greek at the moment.
To understand how can i make this i try to install frenc in demoCW3
project..
So i execute >php server2po.php demoCW3

But i get some error messages:

C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\scripts>php server2pot.php demoCW3
Creating new template server.po for project demoCW3 .. done.
Adding strings from PHP code for project demoCW3 .. done.
Merging new template into server.en.po Merging new template into
server.fr.po Cr
eating new template server.demoCW3.po for project demoCW3
Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
'C:/ms4w/Apache/php/ext/mapscript.
dll' - ─ίΊ ▐ΪάΊ ϊΫΊάΪⁿ Ίά ίΊΪΎΏώ≤Ϊί▀ ύ ΆάϋΎ±ώ≤Ή▌Ίύ ΉΎΊ▄ϊά.
in C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\scripts\server2pot.php on line 66
Error: Cannot load Mapscript library.Creating new template server.po for
project
.. done.
Adding strings from PHP code for project .. done.
Merging new template into server.de.po Merging new template into
server.en.po Me
rging new template into server.fr.po

I haven't changed anything in gettext system.
But i verified from phpinfo that it is enabled.
Could this error come from the fact that i don't use english version of
windows Xp but the greek one?

Anyway,i would appreciate if someone could tell me the basics on how to
implement translation to greek

Thank you very much!!!
Nikos Papadakis.