[Cartoweb-users] mapOverlay plugin

frequens frequens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:56:39 EST 2009

I am trying to dynamically change (add, display and query personal
layers) in the mapfile in my CW3.5 project based on authentication of
the users outside CW.

I have read the:
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.5/xhtml/dev.mapoverlay.html
and it looks like the mapOverlay plugin is the way to go.

The mapOverlay plugin is loaded in my client.ini and project.ini and reports.ini
My question is where and how to put the code snippets as above (or my
changed code) to achieve this.

Could somebody please write detailed instructions how to do this? No
actual map manipulation code is needed.

Just something like:

-create file xxx.php which should contain...
-put it there&there
-change/create some.ini with this & this
-etc.

Many thanks in advance

BR

frequens