[Chameleon] Dynamic Template Changes

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Aug 22 15:45:25 EDT 2004

Steven,

This is achievable in Chameleon 1.99 'Application mode' (ie, not Service
Instance) by adding some custom script to the phtml file which includes
your template prior to processing.  I'm not sure of the impact it would
have on the Javascript CWC object and it's associated variables
(goCWCJSAPI).  My guess is that it would behave similarly between pages.
  A simplified version of the script would be something like:

if( isset( $_GET['curForm'] ) )
{
   // perform checks here if necessary (eg, user submitted template)
   $szMapFile = 'path/to/' . $_GET['curForm'];
}
else
   $szMapFile = 'path/to/template.html';

The mechanism described above doesn't exist in CWC2 (as we all know)
because it is a service instance of Chameleon and operates in a
different manner.  I'm not sure what it would take to add a method
similar to the one above to handle this in 1.0.x.

If this is a development environment ideally you would upgrade to
Chameleon 1.99Beta2 and use its Service Instance along with the
application.  This would have the added bonus of assisting us in
ensuring stable code prior to release :)  I can understand, however, and
appreciate that custom code has been added to your application and you
require the most stable version possible.

Hope this helps,
Jason