[Chameleon] passing parameters via method get

Douglas Fils fils at iastate.edu
Thu Aug 26 16:49:34 EDT 2004

All,

I looked around on the FAQ file and wiki and didn't see anything related
to this.  Was curious if anyone has done this before.

I would like to be able to pass parameters via method GET into chameleon
such that people could arrive at the interface with certain layers and
parameters already active/set.  Is it possible to simple grab these
values off the URL and set them for the app to use?

For example in the samples I was able to append:
?ZoomFactor=34.2
to the URL and get a newly (and not very good) zoom factor set.
However, a little playing and I was not able to turn form values (for
example layers) on.

thanks
doug