MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Configuring Apache 2

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:15:25 -0500
Quick note, there is a gotcha with apache:

if you include a trailing / in the alias, then you must include the
trailing / in the directory.  And you must add the trailing / when
entering the URL.  For instance, http://localhost/cwc2 will not work if
you include the trailing slash in the alias.

I am not sure what happens if you do not include the trailing slash in
the alias but DO include it in the directory (as indicated below) ... I
would expect that it would work :)

Jacob, why did you add a directory for c:/cwc2/data?  Is there something
in this directory that needs to be web-accessible?  If there is then it
is a bug because only the htdocs (and htdocs_admin) should *have* to be
web-accessible.