MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Form Elements

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:44:15 -0400
Hi All,

Question: In my site the user enters a UID number linked to a shapefile
database, returning the numeric results specified to a table. The user
can then choose to view a sketch map of the area, whereby a new static
chameleon map will open. Instead of the full extent, I want the map to
display only the extent of the UID shapefile. The extents have already
been passed to the new map page and are ready to be used. The question
is, what would be the best way to incorporate the map extents in the
code so that they will act upon the map when it is first opened? I was
thinking of using the form elements, but I do not know how to go about
it.

Thanks,
Rene

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956