MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem with moving Chameleon from 2K to XP....

Dave Astolfo dastolfo1@cogeco.ca
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:17:07 -0500
Jacob,

Before you give up...  To determine if the issue is permissions, do
this:

temporarily put your default web user (IUSR_machinename) in the
Administrators group.  Try your map. If it works, it is a permissions
issue and you will have to determine what permissions are needed by your
web user. For me it was:
NTFS Permissions:
read access to all data files and executables for mapserver etc.

IIS:
Read Execute for Mapserver in the cgi_bin folder
read to all other folders

Since your session data is being written by PHP, it must already obtain
RW permissions to do so (this is something that just worked for me, I
did not have to explicitly set the permissions).

Good luck,

Dave